The following publications about the Hawkesbury region have been published by Cathy McHardy. Please email email@example.com for additional information about each book.
Originally published as a series of over 120 weekly columns in The Hawkesbury Herald newspaper from 1903-1905 this epic tale was written by Samuel Boughton (1841-1910) under the nom-de-plume of ‘Cooramill’. Traversing the countryside from Richmond to Yarramundi, to Kurrajong, Comleroy and beyond, Reminiscences… has been painstakingly & accurately transcribed and republished by Cathy McHardy together with introductory notes and comprehensive index. Amounting to over 300 pages and selectively illustrated with views of the Hawkesbury District, the publication is now available for $40 per copy plus postage and packing.
Glossodia: A Peep Into the Past Around Currency Creek tells the story of Currency Creek from early beginnings as the Copeland Village Settlement and the Homestead Selection scheme until the subdivision of the Golden Valley in the 1960s. The work includes over 250 pages, more than 200 images of the school, post office, fire brigade and over forty Glossodia families. The publication is now available for $35 per copy plus postage and packing.
The study includes:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
John Charles Lucas Fitzpatrick was an author and newspaper proprietor who commenced publication of the Windsor & Richmond Gazette in 1888. His work When we were boys together was first published as a weekly column in the Gazette and then reprinted as a book in 1909. It gives the reader a fascinating insight into the people, places and times of Windsor in the late 19th century.
When we were boys together has been reprinted with additional material including a short biography, bibliography of other works by Fitzpatrick, map of Historic Windsor and a comprehensive index.
This book was researched and written as part of the celebrations for the sesquicentenary of the school in 2003. It traces the history of the school from its small beginnings as Buttsworth Swamp Provisional School in 1878, the move up to the Bull Ridge in 1891 and the growth and development of education and learning at East Kurrajong since that time. Although the school is the central theme of the work, chapters also deal with the settlement and progress of the East Kurrajong district, the founding families and the impacts of wider historical events at a local level. The work is richly illustrated with over 170 photographs, plans and maps. This publication is available from Kurrajong East Public School http://www.kurrajonge-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/home for $30 per copy.