Johnston’s Farm is located at 63 Wilberforce Road, Wilberforce New South Wales about 400 metre from the Windsor Bridge over the Hawkesbury River.
The cottage on Johnston’s Farm. Geoff McHardy May 2023
The farm occupies about 18 acres on the northern bank of the river and the property is bisected by Wilberforce Road which joins Windsor and the town of Wilberforce. The property known as Portion 67, Parish of Wilberforce, County of Cook, was granted to Thomas Gosper on the 19 November 1794. After many changes of ownership the farm was purchased in 1911 by Arthur Charles Johnston.
Notice from the Windsor and Richmond Gazette of 15 July 1911 advertising the auction sale of the property on Saturday 22 july 1911 https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/85946355
Advertisement published on the day of the auction sale, Saturday 22 July in the* Windsor and Richmond Gazette* https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/85948191 This advertisement also appeared on the same day in the Sydney Morning Herald.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published