Alneau Glen was the name of the property in Stahls Road, Oakville, New South Wales (this area was considered part of Vineyard at this time) which was owned by Arthur Blacket until 1921. The Windsor and Richmond Gazette (WRG) noted on 25 March 1921, that Mr Arthur Blacket had sold a portion of his property known as ‘Alneau Glen’ to Mr T Stahl who intends to use the land for poultry farming https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/85874496
In 1928, Doris Emily Stahl purchased the adjacent 43 acre property (Portion 127 Parish of Pitt Town - Vol 3212 Fol 91) on the corner of Stahls Road and Bocks Road also from Arthur Blacket.
An obituary published in the Windsor and Richmond Gazette on 16 August 1929 gives some details of Arthur Blacket’s professional career. Blacket was born in Sydney in 1848, the son of architect Edmund T Blacket. He was educated at Sydney Grammar School and Edlington College, Glebe.
After completing his school education, Blacket joined the staff of his father’s firm and then served his articles with surveyor, Ingham Clements of Narrabri. He was also a civil engineer and designed and built several bridges in country NSW before moving to the Hawkesbury in 1896 where he designed many domestic and church buildings. He died in August 1929 in Harbord, NSW at the age of 81 years and was buried in Many Cemetery.
Excerpt from the Windsor and Richmond Gazette 21 March 1896 advertising the services of Mr Arthur Blacket - https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/72548209
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published