This suburb is between Kenthurst and Kellyville, and was named after Annangrove House. The house belonged to Edward Charles Johnston, whose grandfather, George Johnston, was the original settler in the present Annangrove. The house was named after the Scottish town of Annan, where George Johnston was born. Edward Johnston bought land here in 1893 from Bennett William Johns, who made the original purchase of Crown land in 1886. By 1895 the post office had taken the name of Johnston’s house, as did the school, and by 1915 Annangrove was the customary name for the suburb.