A reserve of about 6 hectares stretching along the northern bank of the Hawkesbury River from Ebenezer Wharf Road to Coromandel Road, Ebenezer, New South Wales and is across the river from Cattai National Park. Also known as Swallow Rock Reserve and Ebenezer Church Reserve, see also Swallow Rock Reach Walking Trail The reserve was named after Argyle Bailey, a councilor with Colo Shire Council and a son of Francis Bailey and Mary Fleming.
Argyle Bailey Memorial Reserve Draft Plan of Management, Hawkesbury City Council, January 2007 https://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/6293/Argyle_Bailey_Memorial_Reserve.pdf
The Argyle Bailey Memorial Reserve was gazetted as Ebenezer Church Reserve on the 14 August 1953, was later named after Argyle Bailey, Councillor (Alderman) and President of the former Colo Shire Council who died on the 5th February 1973. Argyle Bailey dedicated much of his working life to improving the quality of life for local residents in the Colo Shire. He was elected to Council in 1959 and was Shire President for seven years (1967-1973) before his sudden death at the age of 68 years. In 1981 Windsor Municipality and Colo Shire Council were amalgamated forming the new Shire of Hawkesbury, which was later declared the City of Hawkesbury in 1989. Furthermore, the name of Swallow Rock Reserve, a reference to Swallow Rock Reach on this section of the Hawkesbury River, has found popular support in recent years with signage in the reserve referring to “Swallow Rock Reach Walking Trail”. This plan of management retains the use of “Argyle Bailey Memorial Reserve”.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published