Bell Public School was located in Sandham Road, Bell, New South Wales on the northern side of the railway line and adjacent to Bell Railway Station.
The old school building was in use until at least December 1940 when a site for the new school was selected by the Department of Education. The Lithgow Mercury reported that three acres had been selected and the residents hoped the building would be erected without much further delay. By 1942, the new school had still not been built.
The newspaper also reported that Mt Wilson Public School had closed due to a decreased enrolment and attendance. This school re-opened some years later and closed for the final time in 1973.
Lithgow Mercury 27 March 1941, p. 5 Bell.
Bell Public School opened in February 1894 as a half- time school with Mt Wilson, operated as a Public School from 1955 and closed in 1973.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published