The Petterson family owned 100 acres estate fronting Crooked Lane at the junction with Kurmond Rd. North Richmond. This was a grant of land to Richard Rouse 1802, later sold to the Christenson's who bequeathed it to their daughter Olivia Cecelia Petterson. The house was built by Alfred Eric Petterson, a building contractor, from timber on their property, made their own red bricks, walls were Flemish bond brickwork, slate roof and the cast iron ornamental panels and floor tiles on the verandah were imported from Italy. It was called "Cecil Lodge" and provided accommodation for visitors from Sydney.