An arm of Cowan Creek extending south-east from Cottage Point. A name of uncertain origin. It is possibly a corrupt form of the name of Colin Campbell who lived in the area. It could also refer to a rock formation above the creek. The name was first recorded in 1879. According to Schofield, Colin Campbell was commissioned in 1900 to record Aboriginal engravings in the area, hence the name. There is evidence of an early house site on the shore opposite Akuna Bay. There were still some Aboriginal people living in what is now Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park around 1900.