A timber bridge over the Colo River at Central Colo, New South Wales was constructed during World War Two by the New South Wales Department of Main Roads during the period 1941-1942 as part of an inland route from Sydney to the Hunter Valley. Formerly known as the Singleton Road or Military Road, this road is now called now called the Putty Road. The low level timber bridge was damaged by successive flooding of the Colo River and was replace by a higher concrete span bridge in 1994.
A replacement bridge was proposed in September 1993 and was completed in December 1994 and officially opened to traffic early in 1995. The bridge is a double tee beam bridge consisting of seven spans (5 x 28 m internal, 2 x 22 m end spans) which were incrementally launched from one bank of the river to the other side. For further information on the construction of the bridge see http://www.structuraltechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/NEWS_1995_1.pdf
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published