Cordners Lane is located in Cornwallis, New South Wales. It was named because of the area’s association with Allen Edward Cordner and his wife Gladys Rosina who purchased 44 acres of farmland in the vicinity from Esther Amelia Booth in 1925. The Cordners moved to the Hawkesbury from the Clarence River region in northern NSW and farmed the Cornwallis property until 1965.
Allen Cordner was born in 1898 and died in 1976, aged 78 years. He was buried in St. Matthew’s Anglican Cemetery, Windsor, NSW.