Lilburn Hall, Bridge Street, Windsor which housed Craignish Private Hospital from 1922 until 1934. Cathy McHardy 1990
The Craignish Private Hospital operated from the large premises on the corner of George and Bridge Streets, Windsor, New South Wales known as Lilburn Hall from June 1922 until 1934. The hospital then moved to a leased site in Macquarie Street, Windsor until the new building was completed at 8 Ross Street, Windsor part of the Anschau subdivision in April 1937. The hospital continued to operate on this site as a privately run facility until management was taken over by Hawkesbury District Hospital in July 1968.
In 1988 demountable premises to house the maternity unit were erected in the grounds of the Hawkesbury Hospital in Macquarie Street, Windsor. The building in Ross Street has continued to be used for community health services. An integrated maternity unit was built as part of the new Hawkesbury Hospital which opened in August 1996.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published