Derby Place is a short street located in the Hawkesbury locality of Glossodia, New South Wales. The Glossodia area was first granted to Henry Buttsworth in April 1837. In the early 1960s the area was subdivided by company Glossodia Estates Pty Ltd. The plan for the subdivision of the land around Derby Place was submitted to the Registrar General of NSW in July 1962 and registered in April 1963.
The streets in the subdivisions were named by the company at the time. It is presumed the the name Derby Places refers to the use of the land for many years for race horse studs.