Edgewater was the name of a property situated on the southern bank of the Hawkesbury River at Windsor, New South Wales. It was the home of Alderman John Thomas Gosper and his family from the 1880s until his death in 1910. The property was leased by Gosper from the owner Jane Gregg. J T Gosper’s mother, Mrs Hannah Gosper died at Edgewater in 1888 having formerly lived at Colo, New South Wales for 60 years.
Following the death of J T Gosper, a clearance sale of the contents of the house and farm was held at the property together with a large portfolio of real estate interests including land and houses at Wilberforce, Colo, Windsor and Tennyson. A large advertisement was carried by the Windsor and Richmond Gazette The property was subsequently offered for lease by Norman Gregg.
Windsor and Richmond Gazette 26 February 1910 p. 2.
Edgewater property amounting to 60 acres comprised parts of three grants of land including Portion 23 granted to Thomas Rickaby in 1794, Portion 22 granted to Roger Twyfield in 1794 and Portion 21 also granted to Rickaby in 1798. The locaton of the homestead and other buildings on the property is not known.
Much of the Edgewater property is today part of Deerubbin Park and a small area of Howe Park, Windsor.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published