George Robertson a monumental mason and builder moved his works to this location in about 1894. He built the sandstone shop with ornate parapet and sandstone figures around the entrance door. The shop sold a wide variety of merchandise. His former premises were at ‘Raymond Villa’, 307 George Street, Windsor. Examples of Roberston’s building and monumental works may be found in many cemeteries in the Hawkesbury district.
Try Robertson’s for Xmas cards, toys and fancy good at Sydney prices, also millinery, ribbons and lace, gloves, corsets, prints and muslins, men and boys clothing, shirts, tweed trousers. E Robertson Glasgow House, George Street, Windsor.
Peter Carroll lived next to Robertson’s store in George Street ( for 60 years until 1916) He had three cottages. Two weatherboard cottages in very poor condition when he died and a brick house. [HHHV: Penny Ferguson ]
Charlie, a modeller and carver is modelling in clay two large reclining figures of Trade and Commerce for two stone figures over Mr Robertson’s new business premises.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published