A perennial stream rising east of the township of Mount Victoria. It flows north,south east, then generally east for about 62 km to its confluence with the Nepean River to form the Hawkesbury River about 5km west south west of Richmond. Named by Captain Patterson in September, 1793 after the Colony’s Lt. Governor P. 236. (RAHS Journal Vol 26 Part 3).