In April 1927 Cox Street, McGraths Hill was renamed Groves Avenue after the Groves family who owned land in the area.
MUNICIPALITY OF WINDSOR
ALTERATION OF NAME OF ROAD
NOTICE is hereby given that the Minister for Local Government has approved, under Section 249, Local Government Act,. 1919, of the alteration of the name of Cox street, Mulgrave, to Groves Avenue.
F. J. MASON. Town Clerk.