Sale of the historic property at Grose vale for $600,000. The property had been owned by Real Estate Agent John Kershaw since 1966. The home was built in 1901 and was originally on 8 hectares having been subdivided into two, 4 hectare blocks some years ago. The home is built of sandstock bricks and features an attic, wide verandahs, cast iron columns and french doors.
Reference: Local Studies Pamphlet File for `Hilltop`.
Advertisement for the public auction on Saturday 1 December 1928 at 3.00pm on the site by K L O’Connor, Auctioneer, phone Richmond 125. The advertisement shows the Skuthorpe Estate subdivided into 12 blocks on either side of Skuthorpe’s Road with the home ‘Hilltop’ on portion 9 of approximately 26 acres. The Skuthorpe Estate was adjacent to the property ‘Lemon Forest’ on the south-eastern boundary. The portion numbered 11 known as Hough’s Farm was reserved from sale. Skuthorpe’s Road now known as Bell’s Road.