The Hobartville Estate near Richmond NSW originally included the land grants of 100 acres to James Blackman (1802) and 400 acres to Edward Luttrell (1804) and by 1818 was owned by Lieutenant William Cox, son of William Cox of nearby Clarendon. The present homestead was completed by Cox in 1828. It remained in the Cox family until 1877 when it was purchased by Andrew Town who established a thoroughbred racehorse stud on the property. This tradition has been continued by subsequent owners until the present day. A glimpse of the grand homestead may be seen across the paddocks from Kurrajong Road when heading from Richmond towards North Richmond.
Original tree lined entrances to the property may be seen across the paddocks from Castlereagh Road and in Chapel Street, Richmond. This street is lined with mature London Plane trees which were planted by Richmond businessman George Guest between 1885 and 1894.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published