Hollands Carpark Reserve also known as Hollands Paddock is a small parcel of freehold land under Old Systems Title held by Hawkesbury City Council, located on the corner of Johnston Street and The Terrace, Windsor. The land of about 1.12 ha has been designated as community land by Hawkesbury City Council. The parcel known as Part Y Lot 3 DP 759096 is part of a 30 acre grant in June 1797 to Joseph Smallwood, known as Smallwoods Farm. In times of flood, the area forms a link between the Hawkesbury River and South Creek as the land is only 16.4 metres above sea level.
In 1922, the land was resumed by Windsor Council for drainage purposes from Mr Ernest Holland, (Gov Gazette, 16 June 1922). At a later date, portions were disposed of to Mr Colin Nagle and Mr Maurice Brian Pulsford. Another portion was conveyed to the Metropolitan Water, Sewerage and Drainage Board leaving the remainder of the area as it remains today.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published