Article on Lang’s Farm by Geo. G Reeve.
Located on the left bank of the Hawkesbury River just below Ebenezer Church, country residence of the Premier of NSW, Mr J (Jack) T Lang, first granted to John Howe an area of 100 acres and named ‘Myrtle Farm’. Howe’s farm was advertised for sale on 11 December 1813 in ‘Sydney Gazette’ newspaper. The name ‘Myrtle Farm’ was chosen by John Hall and his wife Sarah Williams who owned the farm for some years.