Located at 403 West Portland Road, Sackville. Photograph on Hawkesbury Images http://images.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/imageweb/scripts/home.asp
Article by Louise McMahon HISTORIC Lilburndale at Sackville - a significant part of the Hawkesbury’s heritage - will go under the auctioneer’s hammer this Sunday, November 27. Lilburndale is currently owned by desdendants of the original owner George Hall who, in 1829, acquired the original 126-acre grant made to Phillip Roberts on May 11, 1803.
George Hall gave his son George Smith Hall 60 acres on which he built the stone house which is still standing. Over the next few years both father and son expanded the property. Lilburndale was subdivided and sold after George Smith Hall’s death in 1882, and a large portion of it including the original stone house and approximately 1830 acres was bought by Charles Irwin in 1888. The property passed to Charles’ son David who married George Smith Hall’s granddaughter Elizabeth Smith.
Today, George Smith Hall’s descendants still own Lilburndale, including the original house standing on about 164.8 hectares. The property will be offered for auction in four parcels.The auction will be on site at 11.30am at Lilburndale, 403 West Portland Road, Sackville.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published