Marsden Park Public School is located in Garfield Road West, Marsden Park, New South Wales. The school was opened in 1889 and celebrated its 130 year anniversary in 2019. The Hawkesbury Gazette reported on the celebrations including the memories of former pupil Mrs Anne Birdsey (nee Daczko) who commenced her education at Marsden Park in 1951. Her children are also past pupils of the school. The school produced a centenary history of the school in 1989. Copies of this publication are held by the school, State Library of NSW, NSW State Archives and Records and Blacktown Library. Read more about the history of Marsden Park - https://riverstonehistoricalsociety.org.au/history.html
The original school building was relocated to the Australiana Pioneer Village (APV) at Wilberforce around 1970. The buildings and site of the APV are listed under the NSW Heritage Act .
Another timber classroom building was relocated to the school from Regents Park school in the 1970s. Read more about the school site and buildings - https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/heritageapp/viewheritageitemdetails.aspx?id=1140029
NSW State Archives and Records holds the files created by the Department of Education concerning Marsden Park Public School from its inception as well as other interesting records such as photographs and punishment books. Information on the various teachers who worked at the school may also be located at State Archives and Records.
Opened July 1889 to present.
Miss Ethel Pitt, who has been teaching at the Marsden Park Public School for some time, has been removed to Jamberoo.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published