Type: 
Location: 
Rating: 
Sources: 
Source Reference: 

p 73

Source Notes: 

Mount Shuttle is on the southern side of the entrance to Marramarra Creek. In 1875 Mrs Moses Shuttle was living near the confluence of Berowra Creek and the Hawkesbury. Joseph Shatiles had an early land grant at the southern entrance to Marramarra Creek, and Shuttle is clearly a variant spelling of his name.

Comments (1)

  • anon

    It is more likely that Mount Shuttle was named after Moses Shuttle or Shattles who had the original 40 acres of land there, and which was subsequently subdivided in the early 1900s. Alternatively, it could be named after Moses' family (his mother, father & siblings) who may have had a residence in Shuttle Bay since at least the mid 1850s.

    Oct 22, 2014

Leave a comment

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.