Located in Grose River Road, Grose Wold NSW. This reserve was created from the property known as Navua Farm owned by Archibald Howie from the 1930s. Building contractor and politician, Howie was born in Glasgow, Scotland in 1879, the son of Archibald Howie and Janet Ferguson. He arrived in Australia in 1881 with his mother to join his father Archibald Snr who had established a building business in Sydney. Archibald Jnr entered the family firm at the age of 16 years. He went on to represent Macquarie ward on Sydney Municipal Council from 1934-1941 as well being elected to NSW parliament in 1933. The notable mansion ‘Belmont’ at North Richmond was constructed by the Howie Bros in the 1890s as well as Lawson House, Francis Street Richmond.
The farm was also known as Navua Stud and some notable racehorses such as ‘Mosaic’ winner of the Cox Plate in 1939 and the Sydney Cup in both 1939 and 1940 were bred on this property. In 1944, the property was acquired by Stanley Sadler Crick [http://www.sydneyaldermen.com.au/alderman/stanley-crick/], racehorse owner and breeder of bloodstock [https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/66362066].
Later in the 1970s, Navua was known as Dawson Stud and then in 1995 the expanded property of 72 hectares incorporating Navua Stud Farm under the name Bracken Stud was sold for $2.5 million (Sydney Morning Herald, Saturday, April 22, 1995 page. 67).
A reserve in Grose Wold on the north side of the Grose River about 1 km upstream from the junction with the Nepean River.