Located on the corner of Windsor Street and Bourke Street Richmond, Osier Bank was constructed in 1896/97 for Richmond bootmaker William Sullivan. He was also a Trustee of the Wesleyan Church and a member of the first Richmond Borough Council in 1872. He died in 1906 and was buried in the Methodist Section of Richmond General Cemetery.
Osier Bank is the home of Mrs Sullivan.
Mr Sullivan’s house is approaching completion. It has tuckpointing on three sides which improves it considerably. It is the largest cottage in Richmond.
Mr W Sullivan’s cottage in Richmond, Mr Hind is the contractor. It has 2 halls, 4 bedrooms, dining, drawing, kitchen, bathroom, pantry, washhouse, office for Mr Sullivan. It also has 3 bay windows and a verandah with bullnose iron 200ft long. The roof has one gable on one side and two on the other side. Mr Bartrop has the contract for the brickwork, he did the tuckpointing for Mr G Woodhill’s house.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published