The corner of Chapel and Windsor Streets was the site of the water reservoir for the town with the aim of improving water pressure for the householders. The land was resumed from the Trustees of the Church of England in May 1924. Tenders were called for the erection of elevated cast iron water tank in Sept 1925. Tank completed by Water Board May 1926 cost £4,200. Most of this site was decommissioned and the tank dismantled and sold off for housing in about January 1983. Only a small portion of the land remains part of the water supply for Richmond.