Petition of 400 names supporting the route from Richmond to Kurrajong via Penrith. Most signaturies are from the Penrith side as people from Richmond and Kurrajong are opposed to this route.
Official opening by Hon M M Flannery, Minister for Works and Railways on 8 November 1926. The line was closed on 26 July 1952 due to a landslide on the track. The line was deemed to be unprofitable and the decision was made by the minister not to reopen the track.
Agitation for a railway to Kurrajong commenced 1884. In 1919 the Kurrajong Railway Act was passed. 1923 first sod turned, 1926 line opened at a cost of ?110,000, 1952 line closed due to landslide caused by heavy rain, line was never reopened.
‘We learn from Mr B Hall, MLA, that the officer who is going to make the report on the proposed Kurrajong railway will arrive for that purpose on the 25th instant’.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published