Also known as the Ruins Trail, this easy grade 6 kilometre return walking track is located off Comleroy Road, Kurrajong NSW at the southern edge of Wollemi National Park. The track follows the ridge and then descends down into the valley before climbing again and ending on a cliff top. After commencing as a wide track next to the last residential property on the eastern side of Comleroy Road, the route becomes narrow and overgrown towards the end.
The track gets its name from the old homestead once owned by the Miller family which stood about 900 metres from the beginning of the track. No trace remains of the house today. The land was Portion 138 Parish Merro, County of Cook and was initially a Conditional Puchase block under the name of Sydney Sheldon in October 1916.
The commencement of the Ruins Track, Comleroy Road, Kurrajong. Cathy McHardy July 2020
Further along the track. Cathy McHardy July 2020
At various times of the year some lovely flowers can be seen along the track including the grey Grevillea, blue Scaevola, Xanthorrhoea, Lambertia formosa, terrestrial orchids, Isopogon (drumsticks) and Persoonia species.
In bloom at the side of the track, a delicate grey Grevillea. Cathy McHardy July 2020
The leaves of small heart shaped terrestial orchids emerging from the leaf litter at the side of the track. In spring, the centre of each leaf will send up a single flower stalk. Cathy McHardy July 2020
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published