This cemetery is located in Windsor Street, Richmond, New South Wales opposite St Peter’s Anglican Church. A transcript of the burials at the cemetery may be found at Hawkesbury Library, 300 George Street, Windsor, New South Wales. www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov/library
The church grounds including the cemetery were consecrated by Rev. Samuel Marsden under the instruction of Lachlan Macquarie, Governor of the colony of NSW. The identity of the first person to be buried at St Peter’s is unknown, however first burial recorded in the parish register was that of Jonathan Wood, son of Charles Wood and Ann Wallford, who died on 17 July 1814.
Earlier burials include Roger Twyfield aged five weeks, the son of Roger Twyfield and Leticia Green, who was buried at Richmond on 25 March 1810. George Rouse, son of Richard Rouse and Elizabeth Adams was buried on 23 September 1809 aged nine years. His headstone may still be found in the cemetery today although no record was made in any church register.
Read more about St Peter’s Anglican Church (Richmond)
View across St Peter’s Anglican Cemetery, Richmond, NSW. Cathy McHardy.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published