This historic complex of buildings located at 21 Pitt Lane , North Richmond, New South Wales was the home of George Matcham Pitt (Jnr) (1837-1912) and his family. The location was the property of John Town before being purchased by G M Pitt.
In the 1950s it was a dairy farm owned by the O’Dea family. The curtilage is now very much reduced in area to just over an acre and the home is surrounded by suburban lots.
Sunnyside was built in the year 1860 for the present owner and occupier, Mr G M Pitt, eldest son of the late G M Pitt of Bronte. It is a typical Australian homestead with all the conveniences of a city dwelling…
The property is listed on the Hawkesbury Local Environmental Plan 2012 as an item of local significance.
Photos of the property are available https://www.realestate.com.au/property/21-pitt-lane-north-richmond-nsw-2754?pid=p4ep-pdp|sold-pdp:property-history-cta#timeline and online from Hawkesbury Library https://aurora.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/library/Gallery.aspx??showall=true
Read more about George Matcham Pitt (Jnr) https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/15319180
The home known as Bronte at Agnes Banks is also associated with th Pitt family.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published