A location on the Old Great North Road in Dharug National Park ten miles from Wiseman’s Ferry crossing. Originally named Twelve Mile Hollow when the 1828 road was being constructed. The road was re-aligned in 1829 to take the easier gradient up Devines Hill. The length of this section was reduced by somewhat over two miles. In 1836 the site was surveyed as ‘The Township of Snodgrass Valley’ and Solomon Wiseman obtained four allotments in order to establish an inn. Because of the site’s isolation the township failed to materialise, but an unlicensed inn was operating there in 1838.