16 June 1985, p 130
Tennyson Park, a property in Griffin's Road, Tennyson was owned by businessman Sir Elton Griffin in the 1950s. Griffin installed a watering system drawing water from the Hawkesbury River using a pump imported from USA which revolutionised irrigation in the area. Griffin's holdings expanded to about 1500 hectares. The water scheme known as the Tennyson Water Scheme is now operated by a co-operative of landholders in the area. Tennyson Park has been reduced to a much smaller holding over the years.