Union Lane is a narrow laneway running in a south west to north-east direction joining Johnston Street with Kable Street and crossing Fitzgerald Street in Windsor, New South Wales. The laneway was probably named because it forms a link between these three streets.
The creation of the street dates from 1836. It is mentioned in a document dated 20 & 21 May in which a block of land bounded by “a street to be called Union Street leading from Fitzgerald Street to Kable Street” which Maria Cope had agreed to “make keep and continue twenty-four feet in width” [see Old Systems Book J No. 780] was conveyed from Maria Cope to William Richardson.