Probaby constructed in the 1890s by James Hancock. Located at 829 Singleton (Putty) Road, East Kurrajong. Built by James Hancock on portion 77 (52 acres) Parish of Meehan County of Cook, NSW. Hancock, a coach builder of Sydney, applied for the portion by Conditional Purchase on 7 June 1894. Hancock did not have freehold title to portion 77 when he offered it for sale in 1902. The first title holder of portions 75, 76 and 77 was William Henry Teale in 1904.
PROPERTY FOR SALE 302 acres Freehold Property, situate at Bullridge (10 miles from Windsor). Improvements consist of substantial brick house, 6 rooms, out-houses, stabling, &c. Well supplied with water from underground tank. Cow yard and fowl yards 25 acres under trees and passion vines, and in a good state of tilth. Also about 10 acres of cultivation, all securely fenced. This splendid property can be purchased cheap. For all particulars, apply ALFRED RANGER, Windsor.
Volume 1554 Folio 131 - reference for portions 75, 76, 77 (total area 213 acres) Parish of Meehan County of Cook, NSW. First Certificate of Title issued to William Henry Teale in 1904.
Volume 1085 Folio 124 - reference for portion 84 (49 acres) Parish of Meehan County of Cook, NSW. First Certificate of Title issued to James Hancock.
Volume 1119 Folio 121 - reference for portion 34 (40 acres)Parish of Meehan County of Cook, NSW. First Certificate of Title issued to James Hancock.
Total area 302 acres.
Perhaps no man in the Hawkesbury district has put more time and labor into his property than Mr. J. Handcock. He has one of the prettiest little orchards around these parts, made up of citrus, stone, and passion fruit. The task he had when taking up the place a few years ago was a formidable one, and one which many men would have jibbed at, but by the means of energy and sheer hard graft, he has established a most comfortable home. The results of his labors are apparent on all sides, and speak volumes for his practical knowledge of orchard and farm work.
His house - a roomy brick building of his own construction - is situated on the top of the ridge with a commanding view of the surrounding country. It possesses all the conveniences of a house in town, and an everlasting supply of cool spring water. The property contains 302 acres, the whole of which is enclosed with a hare-proof fence, which alone was no small undertaking.
Besides orchard and flourishing maize crops, sweet potatoes, etc., Mr. Handcock has been going in for a vegetable garden. The lowland has been selected for the latter, and the products are of exceptionally good quality. Among the fruit the heavy yields and splendid specimens of passions and apples were very noticeable. It is evident that the soil is suitably adapted for apples, for nowhere in the district have we seen better.
Mr. Handcock intends offering the property for sale on the 20th instant, so that anyone wanting to make a good speculation should not miss this chance.
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published