Windsor Railway Station on the Blacktown-Richmond line, opened in 1864, a new station building was constructed in 1883, the old station building was dismantled and rebuilt in Mileham Street, Windsor, where it still stands next to a hardware shop. Facilities in the station precinct included a crane, goods shed, cattle race, sheep race, carriage dock and loading ramp.
The original 1880s goods crane fixed on an octagonal concrete base is the only intact extant element of the former goods yard. It is an iron jib crane with a hook dropping from the end of a single rotating arm and is displayed adjacent to the commuter car park.
Read more about Windsor Railway Station Group and Former Goods Yard: https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/heritageapp/ViewHeritageItemDetails.aspx?ID=5012289
A railway station in the town of Windsor about 5 km ESE of Richmond.
Original tuckpointed brickwork on the platform side of the building. Cathy McHardy March 2018
Decorative cast ironwork column supporting the roof over the platform. Cathy McHardy March 2018
Please make your comment below. PLEASE NOTE that comments are moderated and only relevant comments will be published